Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

[API Sandbox] Sandbox won't start or restart, scripts won't run, appears related to new "Campaign Inactivity" feature

When I logged into Roll20 this morning to put some more work in on my campaign, my scripts weren't running. When I checked the API Sandbox, I had a weird message that I had never seen before in the sandbox console: "API sandbox shutdown due to campaign inactivity." I don't know what triggers this, but my campaign certainly hasn't been inactive -- I've been working in it for 5 or so hours a day, every day, for weeks. We have a regularly weekly game where everyone logs in and periodic side quests where individuals log in. When I tried restarting the API Sandbox, it went into an infinite loop of "Restarting sandbox due to script changes.." Please help! This is very similar to the Sandbox API downtime that happened on Tuesday & Wednesday, with the exception of the new weird "campaign inactivity" message.
The game needs to be running. You can open the VTT in one browser window/tab and the API page in another.
It appears to be working now, but the reason I put in the report is that I *was* in the game and my scripts and macros weren't running (I noticed it when my macros using "Recursive Tables" stopped generating output).
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I'm going to make a guess as to what happened: When you last worked on your campaign, you didn't exit the tabletop when you headed off for the night and you came back the next day to resume your work and found the API had spun down?  That is completely normal and to be expected.  Your sandbox spun down and took a nap because no one was doing anything for a long time. So was I right or do we need to do some more digging?
That could be the case. I could have sworn I had run some scripts since I re-opened the laptop, but it may well have been first attempt. Thank you for following up.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Not a problem.  I'm going to close this thread, but please don't hesitate to post if you've any issues or concerns. :)