Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Game Crash??

So I have been working on a game adding monsters spent the last few days doing it no problem. Only today all information from the monsters (attacks or traits etc) Ive created show ----------------------------- in the chat box. I tried making new monsters and still the only thing that appears is a red line across the chat box. Is there a fix or anyone else have this issue?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
A game's creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by clearing the Chat Archive (note: not clearing your current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the creator clears it.
Thank you lol I was a little freaked out lol it works fine now. Is there a trigger that causes this so I can avoid doing it or is it random?
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Generally it has to do with a roll or other chat-display element being mis-written or mis-coded.  If it happens again you can start trying to track it down.
thank you for the help