Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

I need a script, if it exist..

Hey. So I have a game this Wednesday with a new group. we will be playing D&D 5E, but I have been playing some Star Wars edge of empire and I am really inspired by the destiny point system.  Originally I found a scrip which would do what I wanted, but I could not get it to work. and I do not think it will work since I have a D&D 5E game (Though I don't know how why that would be.) So if anyone have a scrip or know of a script where you can like track destiny points or something along those lines would I be really grateful. I hope this post goes in this forum, since it has to do with scripts, but then again if it was supposed to be asked somewhere else then let me know.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
This is the right forum for script requests.  I’ve never played Edge of the Empire, so I’m not familiar with the mechanic, but I know a bit about scripts. Can you describ what you mess the script to do and how you want to use it in the context of a 5e game?  Then I think we can find you something suitable. My guess is that either TokenMod or CharSetAttr will get it done for you. 
The Aaron said: [...] but I know a bit about scripts. An understatement, if ever I saw one.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Arthur B said: An understatement, if ever I saw one. Ok...  a fair bit. =D
The Aaron said: This is the right forum for script requests.  I’ve never played Edge of the Empire, so I’m not familiar with the mechanic, but I know a bit about scripts. Can you describ what you mess the script to do and how you want to use it in the context of a 5e game?  Then I think we can find you something suitable. My guess is that either TokenMod or CharSetAttr will get it done for you.  Okay, I'll try to explain but I am often bad at doing that. it is like this. you have two token pools. one is dark side and one is light side. if we say the pools total is 8 and there are 4 on each side, then if I as the DM use 1 dark side point then that point becomes light sided. so then  there is 5 light sided and 3 dark sided left. the players can use the light sided pool. so if they again us 1 light sided point, then that one become dark again so now we have 4 of each again.  I would like a script where I can do this and the players also by just typing a command or a macro command so that when I use a point and type the command will it change to light sided. and when they use it will it change to dark sided.  also a way to be able to see the points and how many are on each side would also be nice so that you don't have to count in your head or scroll up and do the math.  Thanks for helping :D
this is a link to the script I could not get working.&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5284167/script-ffg-swrpg-destinytracker" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/5284167/script-ffg-swrpg-destinytracker</a>

Edited 1536533389
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've just tested the script in an empty campaign and it works fine. What happens when you try to use it? Did you properly install it in the API Scripts page for your campaign? The script will work no matter what system you are using, it doesnt depend on a character sheet.
I installed the script properly to my knowledge. but when I went to type the first command&nbsp; !destiny startsession &nbsp;nothing happened. then I went back to the script and tried to install it again, but still nothing.&nbsp; I have more scripts and all the other works. except for this one.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Do you get anything in the chat/API console at all? Does the script create the Destiny handout in your journal tab? Try installing the script in a fresh game (or disable all other scripts in your current one) to see if there is any conflict. I've just installed it to a 5e game with no problems. You will find that it relies on the SW EotE Dice API for the actual rolling of Destiny so you'll need to add that as well, the code could be easily tweaked to give you a version that doesn't rely on the instructions of Yoda too if needed, although that would be a manual install.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Aha, looks like I installed a different version. I didnt use the oneclick, I installed the one in the githib linked on that page. It doesn't have the pretty interface that one uses, but it works.&nbsp; I only noticed because startsession isnt a valid command for the original script.
Thanks for all the help. I don't know what I did but it just works now. kinda strange, but I'm not complaning :D &nbsp; I really appreciate it.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hmm, maybe it was a mistake to link to the code I based the script on in the release post since I made a few key changes lol... will fix that ;) G G said: Aha, looks like I installed a different version. I didnt use the oneclick, I installed the one in the githib linked on that page. It doesn't have the pretty interface that one uses, but it works.&nbsp; I only noticed because startsession isnt a valid command for the original script.