Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Players selecting character tokens

I'm still learning and wrangling my players to bring them up to speed on the Roll20 platform. That said, here is the scenario. I have a handful of players logged into a game. I have created several characters and assigned a couple to each player. This is so they can play with the charactermancer, etc... I have dropped several character tokens and assigned characters to each. i.e. Set "Represents character" to the character name I would like to let players select their own tokens. I have found 2 ways to do this. Players create their own game and browse through the free marketplace tokens. They then tell me which ones that they want to use. I make a blank map and drop a myriad of tokens for the players to pick one and then assign it to them. Is there a better way? NOTE - I have found that I can set 2 tokens to represent the came character. It is possible that this would be a feature in other games. I just expected the Roll20 system to point out that there is an potential assignment issue.

Edited 1536496476
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
That is probably the best way to handle it. You could also let them make their characters in their own game and use the Character Vault to move them over.&nbsp; Many different tokens can represent the same character. Consider a variety of goblins that all represent a goblin character. A character can only have one default token, which is the one that is created when you drag out the character. Read this link and it should be clearer:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Linking_Tokens_to_Journals</a>
Thanks! &lt;Thumbs Up&gt;