Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

"Reveal areas" reveals much larger area than required (Example has 5E ToA spoiler)

Hi all,  I've encountered an issue in my game that whenever I reveal a larger area with the "reveal area" tool, it reveals a much larger area in my game. Sometimes it does not happen, sometimes it doesnt happen if its very small areas but with larger areas revealed, it is repeatable behavior: Chrome: Version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 Javascript enabled No addons No antivirus Is this expected behavior? Link to error video  (ToA spoiler)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That does not look like expected behavior. Are you also using Advanced Fog of War? And does the window on the right represent a logged in player view? Finally, could you please carefully work through the rest of the first three steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Hi! thanks for your reply.&nbsp; I followed all steps, the problem still persists. The view shown is my GM view next a player view window. I am using Advanced Fog of War. The error doesnt trigger always, usually only when I reveal a larger area.&nbsp; This is the console log: <a href="https://pastebin.com/BFqU59wx" rel="nofollow">https://pastebin.com/BFqU59wx</a> &nbsp;
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks Endrin, I'll flag a dev.