Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

player added text visible to only that player

Edited 1536559253
hi. as the DM is there a way i can allow players to add text to the map that they can only see. for example: i tell my party that this building is the towns "inn" and a player takes the initiative to mark that building as the in with text they can only see. is that possible?   sorry for the tittle typo i cant see how to edit it
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
(Wandering mod fixes your title for you)
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Not easily or directly. The only text that can be created on the table top which can be restricted is a token’s name. You could create a character for each player like “Bob’s Notes”, then associate a transparent token with it which represents it. Set the permissions so only the controlling player can see the name plate. Then they can drag an instance out and change the token’s name to add a note only they can see. 
Thank you that helps alot