Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Sorting Grouped Dice rolls

I am new to the roll20 software and cannot seem to get this roll to behave, eventually this will become a Macro. I want to roll a number of dice equal to a characters level,  as independent rolls, not adding them, then sort all those dice and add the Characters level to the highest of those roll. For example, suppose I have a 3rd level character, I want to roll  3D8, list all three rolls in descending order and add 3 (the Characters Level) to the highest one. The rolls comes out to be 2,4 and 8, I want to show all three rolls in something like this: 11 (8+3), 4, 2 If it matters this is for the game system GodBound, and the sheet does not seem to have this logic built in, at least that I can find. I can roll a number of dice per level,  /roll [[ @{A Character|level}d8 ]] , but that sums the rolls together, not what I want. Thanks for any assistance in this.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
try: /roll @{A Character|level}d8sd
your syntax generates an error, " There was an error with your formula. Please try again." I have tried a few variations of that method, while i can get it to generate some rolls it always appears to add the rolls, not treat them as an individual number. For example: /roll 3d8sd generates 3 numbers, and sums them rolling 3d8sd ( 8 + 6 + 2 ) =  16 I do not want the sum, 16, just the ability to list the 8, 6, 2 and add a the value of the Level to the 8 only, something like this: rolling 3d8sd 10 (8+2), 6, 2 thanks
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Hmm.. that sounds like @{A Character|level} returned nothing or something that wasn't a number. Regardless, there isn't a way to only show the dice and not the result.  Probably you need an API script instead.
Thank you, that is what I was beginning to suspect, that I was running into a built in limitation, but wanted a second opinion before I started to dive into the API documentation. And your syntax is valid, I see I had a typo in my original post, it's "A_Character" not   "A Character",  pointing it to the correct character does generate the rolls per level, but still not in the output i desire. thanks