Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Fog of war not clearing for Player

Greetings Rol20's. Thanks to Aaron I got Fog of war and Torch lighting working as the GM. I can hit control+L and view 'what the player sees' and the dynamic lighting seems to be working using 'torch on' macro button.  When my player melanie logs in as a free player and clicks on her token and clicks 'torch on' the fow is still black all around her. Do I need to be logged in with her for her to see or use it?  What do I need to turn on on her token. Her token already has all the advance lighting boxes checked. She still has a black all around her.  Pathfinder playtest, on ossuary map, FOW enabled but not advanced fow, dynamic lighting enabled.  Thanks again for your help! 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
If you're using Dynamic Lighting, you probably don't want Fog of War on.  Fog of War is basically a big black sheet covering everything that you as the GM must manually remove parts of using the Fog of War tools in the menu.  Dynamic Lighting is it's own black overlay which is pushed back by the light options a players token can see.
HOLD THE PHONE!!! I will UNCHECK FOW.<<<< I did not know that I needed to manual remove FOW> So all i need is Aaron's scripts and dynamic lighting?  You sir are amazing as always. Can you show me a script that turns the individual tokens lights off and not everyone's? I want to turn on just one tokens lights and everyone else has to use that tokens light source.  Also do you know if monster sheets for P2 are a thing? I need to populate said dungeon with  horrible monsters and I have the tokens just not the 'sheets'. 
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
This would snuff light for a token: !token-mod {{ --set light_radius| light_dimradius| --off light_otherplayers }} So would this, with Torch installed: !snuff In my big light macro, I have a setting for now light which sets a very dim and close illumination, something like: !token-mod {{ --set light_radius|5 light_dimradius|-50 --off light_otherplayers }} No idea on the pathfinder stuff.
Aaron, Thank you. Your work is dearly valued. Are you the same Aaron that has the tile sets?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Nope, that’s just an Aaron and I’m The Aaron!  =D. Hahaha. Not to disparage his awesome art. I wish I could do art that well.