Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] Setting Advantage Toggle, Whisper Toggle, Don't Auto Roll Damage

I have purchased Tomb of Annihilation and Curse of Strad and it seems that all the NPCs are built with: Roll Queries: Always Roll Advantage  Whisper Rolls to GM: Never Whisper Rolls Auto Damage Roll: Auto Roll Damage & Crit I prefer to use the Advantage Toggle, Whisper Toggle and Don't Auto Roll Damage. My problem is there is no way to set these before adding the module to the game and then afterwards changing the game settings does not retroactively adjust the settings to everything in the module. Is there already a script or does anyone know of a way to do a one-time run script to changes these settings for every NPC in the module? It is time consuming to change each individual one, and even more so when I miss one in the middle of playing and have to adjust them on the spot. Much appreciated for any help with this.
After making a change to the default settings in the Game Settings (outside the VTT), you can clickthe Apply Default Settings under Experimental Features in the Player Settings (inside the VTT). This will update ALL existing characters to have these defaults, even PCs.
Thanks that fixed 2 out of the 3.  Roll Queries and Whisper Rolls to GM are available under the "Apply Default Settings", but Auto Roll Damage is not.
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
It's been a long time since I've made a new game and used the Apply Default Settings, so things may have changed since, but I remember for something to show up, sometimes you need to toggle it (on/off) in settings, reload the tabletop, exit, then toggle back (off/on) for it to show up.
Thanks, I don't know what combination worked I ended up doing a lot of the steps in order and out of order but eventually it showed up. Thanks again.