Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question about higher level casting cloud of daggers

I'm new, I dragged and drop cloud of daggers into my spell list and every time I cast a higher level version of it it gives me 2 damage values, is that supposed to happen? If it is, do I add both values and that's the damage it deals?
Mik Holmes
Pro
Marketplace Creator
That's normal.  Cloud of daggers  deals 4d4 (the bottom number), plus 2d4 per higher level (the top number, labelled Higher Level Cast). You need to add the two values together. Side note, you can hover over the die results to see exactly what was rolled for each die (so hovering over the Higher Level Cast will say something like: Rolling (2*1)d4 = (3+2) meaning on those d4s, you rolled a 3 and a 2.