Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with macro for The One Ring

Edited 1536673821
I am trying to implement mastery dice into this macro: /em Rolling for something... vs. TN ?{Target Number|14} /r ?{Number of Feat Dice|1}t[feat] + ?{Number of Success Dice|0}t[?{Normal or Weary|normal,normal|weary,weary}] + ?{Modifier|0} Thats the flexroll macro from the common TOR Roll20 guides. If you don't know, Mastery dice are a mechanic introduced in the Adventurers Guide where you add 1 or more Mastery dice to your dicepool, then remove that number of lowest rolls. In other words, if you have a Song skill of 3 and 2 Mastery Dice in Song, you roll 5 success dice and remove the 2 lowest dice results. I know nothing about macros, but a friend of mine suggested this: +?{Mastery dice|0})d6d?{Discard|0})]] Obviously this macro isn't perfect, nor does it interact with the custom roll tables for TOR or any of the other macros or scripts so I can't actually use it for my TOR game. I need some help from people who are better at macros than me and my friend, so I'm turning to the Roll20 community here on the forum. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Edited 1536731265
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
This looks like a Roll and keep system. You roll a bunch of dice, and discard the lowest. You can represent this in roll20 with the kh (keep highest x) or dl (discard lowest x) operator. If, for instance, you are rolling 5 dice, and discarding 2, you could roll that as 5d6dl2. I'm not completely clear on how your syystem works, but I think if you replace this ?{Number of Success Dice|0}t[?{Normal or Weary|normal,normal|weary,weary}]  with (?{Number of Success Dice|0}+ ?{Mastery dice|0}) t[?{Normal or Weary|normal,normal|weary,weary}]dl[[ ?{Mastery dice|0}]] It might work. I'm pretty sure this would work for ordinary dice, but I'm not sure about table rolls. Edit:  no, sadly, it doesnt appear to work with table rolls.