Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Stuck on "Starting webworker script..."

Whenever I try to add a script to my games, the new sandbox sticks on "Starting webworker script..." and goes nowhere after that. I've tried removing all scripts, then re-adding, with the same result. I've tried multiple games and multiple browsers and multiple computers. Any thoughts?
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
The web worker scripts come from a character sheet. Do you have a custom sheet?  Or what character sheet are you using? Additionally, are you sure it isn’t working? API scripts don’t nexeasarily have any output. What scripts are you trying to use?

Edited 1536713436
The Aaron said: The web worker scripts come from a character sheet. Do you have a custom sheet?  Or what character sheet are you using? Additionally, are you sure it isn’t working? API scripts don’t nexeasarily have any output. What scripts are you trying to use? I was using the 5e SRD sheet script (though I tried a different character sheet on a different module). And I was adding the DND Beyond script. I know that one didn't work (but it also never gave me an error). Also, the sandbox never told me it was ready? I thought I recalled it saying when it was done loading.
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
It should say something like “Spinning up new sandbox... Try disabling all the scripts abs adding in just this one: log("==> API Starting... <==");on("ready",()=>log("==> API Ready <==")); That should print 2 messages to the API Console. 
Okay, well thanks, I did that and it seems to be working now. I wonder if I missed something cutting and pasting the beyond script that screwed me up even when I redid it. But your script reassures me so I'm going to use it on every game now ha ha. Thanks so much!
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
Great!