Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro for a 2d6 roll and putting out the result as text?

So I'm using a homebrew class and one feature is a lucky strike: Risk a die roll to boost your Sneak Attack. Roll 2d6 and see the table below for the outcome. If the attack misses, you don't expend the lucky die. 2: Bad luck, a negative condition befalls you, roll 1d8 and see the condition table 3-4: Half the Sneak Attack damage done gets reflected back at you 5-6: Nothing happens 7: You get a lucky dice roll back 8-9: You deal an extra d6 of damage 10-11: Double your sneak damage 12: Choose any of the previous outcomes, or roll 1d8, give the enemy a random condition from the condition table Condition table: 1: Paralyzed 2: Restrained 3: Blinded 4: Prone 5: Exhaustion 6: Stunned 7: Frightened 8: Incapacitated Now my question is: could i make a macro that rolls the 2d6 and then writes the outcome from the first table? Additionally, it would be even better if at 2 or 8 it also rolls a 1d8 and posts the outcome from the condition table. I looked at macro guides but am in way over my head. If that is something not possible, then at least it would be great if there was something that shows the full text and rolls 2d6 and i do the rest manually.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I think you'd want to use tables for that. They allow text output based on numerical rolls.

Edited 1536771193
Andreas J. said: I think you'd want to use tables for that. They allow text output based on numerical rolls. Thanks, gonna look into that. Oh, I don't have an add button at the tables section, so I guess that is a DM only thing. Well at least i figured out with chat formatting how to do a roll + show the whole outcome table. Guess for the rest we either need a different character sheet or something only the DM has access too.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Your dm will have to add the table, but he can set it to player accessible so you can roll on it