Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Roll dice based on rollable table token side

Hey y'all I'm running The Sprawl and have set up some rollable table tokens for the legwork clock.   When the mission is completed,  someone rolls based on the number of unfilled segments on the clock.  Can I implement a macro that could be clicked on screen[or some thing to that effect] and roll 2d6+[number based on which side the table is on]? Ex: clock is at 21:00.  Clicking would result in 2d6+3
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
I'm not completely clear on what you're asking.  If your table rows contain something like: 3 [Clock is at 21:00] You can do something like this: [[2d6 + 1[yourTable] ]] And get  2d6+3
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
If you are going by an actual time the clock will be showing when they interact with it, you could set it up as a query with options for each hour or whatever interval you wanted.  Then the macro would provide a drop down with the times or time spans that can be selected. [[2d6+?{Time?:|0100,0|0200,1|0300, 2}]]  I only did 3 there, but you could do all 24 hours individually if you didn't mind a large drop down. Alternatively, if you have a clock token, you could give it a character sheet with an individual macro for each time.  Then you could give players permission to the token and then they could just click on the token macro labeled with the time they need.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Probably the simplest way is to have one of the token bars setup with the current clock value. Each time you change the token side, update that bar. than your macro can roll using the hpbar1, 2 or 3 attribute. You do need to remember to update the bar, but if you're changing the clock anyway, you are more likely to remember.
G G said: Probably the simplest way is to have one of the token bars setup with the current clock value. Each time you change the token side, update that bar. than your macro can roll using the hpbar1, 2 or 3 attribute. You do need to remember to update the bar, but if you're changing the clock anyway, you are more likely to remember. That's what I ended up doing.  I wanted something more automated, but this works as well.  Thanks for the advice all.