Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

CYBER-HACKED! Cyberpunk campaign using The Black Hack rules, beginning 9/22 6pm-10pm U.S. CST.

Runner. You didn’t choose this.&nbsp; This isn’t who you are.&nbsp; Yet here you stand, cold steel in your hands, running jobs for faceless suits. Running and gunning to the next job, to that next payday. Running to survive. Maybe you chose to punch deck and surf the vast oceans of information on the matrix, always looking for an opportunity to make the month’s rent with paydata located in a node just beyond the firewall on some corporate database.&nbsp; Maybe you chose a better you. Cyberware or bioware, in the end, are opposite sides of the same coin. Augmentation. Whether you chose the latest Zeiss eyes with built in augmented reality, a cybernetic brain for storing sensitive data, hidden and retractable wrist razors, subdermal composite armor plating or a rigging console that lives in your head, allowing you to control drones and vehicles like they were an extension of your body, you chose the augmented life. Either way, there's no turning back from here. You live in the shadows now, a criminal. SINless. If you're going to survive, you're going to need to do what's necessary to make that next payday and stay above water. Most times that means working alongside other criminals, like yourself. It means taking on impossible jobs from clients who don't care whether you live or die in the pursuit of their agendas. You're cheap and expendable. Maybe you'll become an addict after slapping on too many stim patches, trying to deaden the Dumpshock from a failed run. Or maybe your brain will turn to slag after the network alarm you tripped summoned Black ICE. Maybe those augments won't be enough to keep you from being bisected by the monofilament blade of a yak enforcer. Or maybe your chrome will fail you when some booster gangers decide to chop you up in a darkened alleyway and sell your bits and pieces to a chop doc. No. You’re a survivor.&nbsp; These streets made you and your experience has kept you alive this long. You didn’t choose this, but this is who and what you are now. Criminal. Survivor. Runner. Hello all, Starting a new cyberpunk campaign this Saturday using rules from the Cyber-Hacked! rules laid out by Mike Evans, which is a cyberpunk hack of The Black Hack by David Black. If interested to learn more, click on the link below or PM me directly. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/24791/cyber-hacked" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/24791/cyber-hacked</a> See you in the shadows, &gt;RECLUSE
Oh man, I love the cyberpunk setting... but I don't know Black Hack system. Is there a possibility you can give me the gist of the system? Like why did you choose this system instead of the original Cyberpunk?

Edited 1537680317
Sure thing, Nazgar. I chose The Black Hack as the foundation for this game because most people know the d20 system in some way. Its also a really good simplification of the system overall and allows for lightning fast character creation and advancement. To date i haven't tried out Cyber-Hacked!, the cyberpunk variant of TBH, but I have played the latter for months and it works great. The core of the system revolves around the 6 statistics, Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma. Everything you do involves rolling UNDER your stat, sometimes with advantage or with disadvantage, to check for success or failure. That's pretty much it. ☺ Hope that helps. &gt;RECLUSE