Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

White Space on Zoom

<a href="https://i.imgur.com/TriwKNI.png" rel="nofollow">https://i.imgur.com/TriwKNI.png</a> I'm honestly kind of tired of it. There is another topic for it at the moment with the biggest non-response from Roll20. But seriously. I have been on this site since 2012, and this issue has been a constant thing. In six years it has not gone away. It has happened on every browser I've used over those six years. Chrome, Firefox, Explorer, Opera. And it happens to everyone. Every DM I've had knows of this annoyance. So it's not our fault. It's not something we can fix on our end. It's up to Roll20. So, I have to ask. After six years, when are you guys going to fix this? You've started to get big time with all of these new licensing deals and streams. So stuff like this should be dealt with.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I have eliminated this behavior in the past by placing a margin of one or two squares around the map image. I also use that margin to hold notes, and tokens not currently on the battlefield. Let me know if that workaround helps, and we can suggest it to others having the same issue. (I haven't noticed int in a long time, but it might be either because of this habit of extra margin, or some browser setting.) I am posting this with my moderator hat on, since I am addressing a problem you are having with the site itself. But to be honest, I don't have any more insight into this than you. It might be a limitation of Canvas for all I know, but I too would like to see people not have to be bothered by it.
Hi Phil, We certainly understand your frustration here. To put it plainly, it is an issue with the HTML5's Canvas element-- we've investigated this in the past, but it's stumped us every time. In order to fix this issue, we are anticipating an entire tear down of the element to investigate what is causing the expanding pages. In the past, due to the man-power and time required to do this, we've never been able to dedicate enough resources to focus on this. However, we have been bringing in more specialized developers specifically to help in squashing bugs like this, but it is still going to take some time as we get everyone fully familiarized with the code base. I unfortunately cannot provide a timetable, but please know we are certainly still aware of this issue (and other canvas problems) and are hoping to start getting them resolved as soon as we can.