Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Campaign Settings - Bars on Default Tokens?

On the Campaign Settings page, under "Game Default Settings" you can set values for the three bars.  I have tried setting Bar 2 to "ac" and Bar 3 to "hp" / "hp_max". (This is for a D&D 5e game) When I set these defaults and load the game, new tokens have that text, not the values. The bubbles above the token say "hp" "ac". I've tried npc_hp and a variety of other values that are listed in the dropdown boxes for token properties. I've tried to reference the values like for macros @{hp} etc. In every case, when I reload the game and drag a new token onto the page, the bubbles display the exact text I typed, not the values. The bars work as expected when I set them from the token property menu, picking "hp" and "ac" from the dropdown. What am I doing wrong? How do I set values?
I know for me I left the spaces blank.  They're meant to be used for numbers.  After the slash is maximum.  I had a dropdown menu next to those to allow me to select what they represent.  I don't see that in your pic though.

Edited 1537712657
As yet, those settings cannot be linked to sheet fields from the Game Settings page. There are API scripts (namely TokenMod) that can make it easier to set these settings on tokens, but they require the game's creator to have an active Pro-level subscription. Otherwise, you can set them manually token by token.

Edited 1539781112
You can set these defaults if you scroll down the Game Default Settings page to the Default Sheet Settings section. There you can define the defaults to e.g.: ... ok, for some reasons I can't add a screenshot. But anyway: unfortunately this does not change the default token settings of already existing character sheets. At least I couldn't find a way. If somebody has an idea how to change default token settings (bars, other stuff works miraculously) for existing char sheets, please give me a hint!