Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

New to Roll20 as well as AD&D with questions........

First off, how do I even make a new character from scratch?  And how do I even find a group to start with?  I looked at the forums but really have not seen what I'm looking for, any help would be appreciated
1537715308
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Pat A. said: First off, how do I even make a new character from scratch?  And how do I even find a group to start with?  I looked at the forums but really have not seen what I'm looking for, any help would be appreciated Welcome to roll20 Pat.  I would recommend reading this introduction post: Helpful Hints, Tricks & Guidance Thread Repository   which should be a good starting point. I believe the introduction tutorial found in the link above will introduce you to some of the most basic functions on roll20.  While you might create a character in someone else's game, you can create your own to get familiar with the sheet and/or the process, or even import a given character into a game if the DM allows it. You need to create a game from the Games>Create new game (top menu of the site), choose a particular character sheet template from the list of available sheets and save it.  There are a few AD&D sheets on the list.  Launch your new game and use the "+ Add" button found at the top of the sidebar's "Journal" tab to begin filling out a sheet.  You can use the Games>Looking for Group page(top menu of site) to search through listed games.  Filter your search as needed.  If you find something that might fit your criteria, follow the instructions given by the GM/DM.  Be forewarned, there are a lot of player's on roll20 and less GM's.  Just keep trying.  ;-)  Hope this helps.  Cheers