Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

"Playtesting" as an option in the game list dropdown menu.

While "Other Games" is fine for the myriad of independent games and lesser known rule systems, I think "Playtesting" should be a selectable option. First it would let people know that the rules are still in flux, which may make players that prefer faster paced games pass it up to avoid frustration. Second, (and this is why I'm recommending it), players who are also trying to develop their own systems can find each other and compare notes and ideas. This way instead of just listing all "Other Games" we can zero in on other designers and writers in order to help each other build our ideas up.
Gold
Forum Champion
This is a great idea. Almost everything in the games list is an actual game-title, or a game-brand with a group of titles. Pretty much only "Other Games" is the only non-specific one. I think "Playtest" would be very useful for another general grouping.
I would love this. I've been looking for a Pathfinder 1E game, but in the top 10 "starting soon" 7 are of the new 2E Playtest. It's really a poor experience, when each D&D edition has its own category.
+1
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .