Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Bestiary questions

Edited 1538071152
I've been running a Pathfinder campaign for some time now and there was a Pathfinder compendium already included on the game, full with monsters that I can drag and drop onto the sheet. So far, outside of special bosses/enemies/npc's, I've been able to find pretty much every basic monster I've needed in the campaign. This claims that there is "EVERY ENEMY ALL AT ONCE in a Pathfinder game" but only has 400 enemies. Each bestiary, from my knowledge, has at least 300 monsters each in them. Amounting to nearly 1800 creatures from bestiary 1-6. The description is a bit misleading and should specify if it's only bestiary 1. Given the above, what exactly am I getting with the Pathfinder Bestiary for $40, at least in comparison to the free PRD bestiary content already provided in my roll20 game?

Edited 1538086964
If the Pathfinder Bestiary is similar to the Monster Manual for 5e, then you now have access to fully completed character sheets, including the tokens for the character already being set up. So you no longer have to drag the monster onto the character sheet, simply drag the monster on to the tabletop, which will place the default token on the VTT and add the character sheet to the journal tab.
Hi Bonebrah, The current bestiary on the marketplace encompasses the first version. If you are noticing a larger number than expected, it is likely due to how some entries were broken up (i.e. Army Ant, Army Ant Queen, Army Ant Swarm, etc.).
Drespar said: Hi Bonebrah, The current bestiary on the marketplace encompasses the first version. If you are noticing a larger number than expected, it is likely due to how some entries were broken up (i.e. Army Ant, Army Ant Queen, Army Ant Swarm, etc.). Thanks for the response. Are you able to clarify the difference between whats already available free via the PRD and what comes in the Bestiary purchase? Maybe confirm what Kyle G says. I'm ready to buy, just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting anything too redundant.
DarkDeer
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Hi bonebrah! The Bestiary has the following extra functionality over the PRD versions of monsters: Tokens and Monster Art Auto populated Spells and Feats Auto populated attacks, special abilities, special attacks, and anything else we could think to add.  Taking off my Roll20 Team hat, I feel it is a general upgrade and significant time saver for GM's. Having the spells auto populate (though some damage needs to be adjusted for caster level due to how varied monster stats are) is an incredible add for GMing games.  Please let me know if you have additional questions about this Marketplace Product :)