Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Attack not updating properly

Made an attack macro the other day and something's not quite right in it. The macro is for a MW Longsword, on a 6th level Paladin with 16 strength, but for some reason it's applying double strength to the damage. I've lowered the multiplier manually to 1, 0.5, 0 and even tried putting it at -1, but the thing is still applying double strength. I have no idea why. Checked everything on the macro (I just updated the weapon itself and clicked "Create Attack") and it "SHOULD" be applying +3 to damage, but it always applies +6 as double strength. I think there's something wrong with the line that reads @{repeating_weapon_$X_total-damage} Because it's always showing the value at double strength.
Which character sheet are you using?
The community sheet, version 1.728
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Do you have a damage mod or enhancement on the weapon?  What happens if you change the Damage Ability of the attack to something other than STR?  Does total-damage adjust as expected?  Do you have a buff enabled that is effecting STR?
I managed to figure it out, I think. For some reason whenever I used the button to create an attack based on my equipped weapon, it added an additional damage modifier for strength. So it was counting strength twice. Seems to be a bug with the create attack button, as I tried making another several and they all started with the same problem.

Edited 1539652211
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
That's odd.  I'm not able to replicate that behavior. ;-( on attacks the STR mod is what is expected for STR 15. The attack was created from equipment I'm using the create attack button EDIT:  Why is image insertion on the forums is such a PAIN  Took me nearly 10 minutes to insert 2 screen caps?
Huh. I tried it again and it doesn't seem to be doing it now. I had a friend of mine look at it since he's a lot better than me at dealing with syntax, I asked him what it was that was causing it, and he said I "had the strength applying twice, instead of 3 strength x2, I had 3 strength in 2 fields so it was counting both of them and adding it to 6". But I'm not sure which field he means. I'll ask him today, it may have just been error on my part.