Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Handout Formatting

I am using Chrome. Is there a way where I can cut and paste text from PDF to a handout without the hand out adding in extra spacing?  I want no formatting when I cut and paste.  I can't get rid of the extra spacing caused by this. Thank You
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Have you tried to right click then choose paste as text? If that does not work, try copying your text into notepad or similar program that strips out formatting then copy paste it into the journal. This is just based on my observations of formatting in some pdfs. Now if you are wanting to remove the extra space when you use your return button, you need to hold your shift key when using the return button. This eliminates the space between lines when using the return key.
This is normally a problem with copying out of the PDF, rather than pasting it into Roll20 (it doesn't matter where you paste it into, you would have to edit and reformat it), because of the nature of PDF files. I haven't come across a PDF that properly flows text rather than inserting newlines arbitrarily, so unfortunately, you have to edit it manually (if someone does find a PDF, or method, that doesn't do this, I'm happy to be wrong!)
I do the paste as txt. I normally put eveything in the Note pad before moving over. Will try the shift key once I get home and report. Thank you. 
Holding the shift key did the trick. Thank you all.