Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New campaign sheet search

Edited 1538943105
I was starting a new campaign and was searching for the character I wanted to use and found a problem. I did a search for the Shaped sheet since I want to use the Kryx's shaped sheet and I found NO results. I did a search for 5E and  several results, including the shaped and OGL sheets. Note: the OGL sheet is labeled: D&D 5E by Roll20 and the Shaped Sheet is labeled: D&D 5E (Shaped) Search results: Shaped: No results OGL: No results Kryx: no reusults Roll20: many results, but no what I wanted 5E: Many 5e sheets including Roll20 and Shaped It seems at me that the sheet selector search is not based upon a word search. I could be wrong in all my assumption,s but I found this annoying and a bad UX. My experience is limited to my testing.
I just wanted to make it clear this was focus on the sheet search function , not on a specific sheet.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That's a good point, BP, I've run into the same issue myself. I'll see what I can find out.
It does do a word search but it does not (yet) ignore punctuation. Try searching for (Shape and you will get results. It still sees parentheses as part of the word.
Interesting, didn't think to include the punctuation.

Edited 1538944210
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
As Rabulias says, it looks like it checks to see if what you typed exactly matches the name of a sheet from the start (so, typing D&D 5E (Sh will match D&D 5E (Shaped) ), or it will check if what you typed exactly matches from the beginning of a single one of the words in the sheet (so typing (Sh will match the (Shaped)  word and thus show D&D 5E (Shaped) ), but typing multiple words that aren't exactly matching from the start won't work (typing 5E (Sh won't match as it doesn't match the beginning of the sheet name and doesn't match a word from the beginning, even though it matches across several words in the middle).
I must be mis-remembering. I thought it did match non-consecutive words, but it looks like it is doing a string search that must begin at the start of a word. This would be a great place for tags to search.
Hi everyone! I have made sure to submit a ticket to the devs so they can get eyes on it. This is certainly unintuitive behavior for a search function.