Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

URGENT! All macros and dice no longer work.

I'm not sure what happened at all, but after returning from a break to continue setting up player macros, absolutely nothing works anymore. And by absolutely nothing, I mean not even /roll 1d20 will post a dice into the chat log. I have no idea what happened, opening another game will allow me to roll dice, and macros imported from the game with the issue seem to work fine. I'm very afraid of losing all my progress and work, does anyone have any idea what this could be? I've already restarted my computer, and checked to see everything is up to date.
Are you using API scripts? Perhaps it needs a restart. Is the chat history very large? Often problems with the chat window can be resolved by deleting everything in it. Has it been a very long break? There were some fundamental changes with some things that broke a lot of people's stuff. They're working on it. If a copy works, this may be the best way to recover your lost work.

Edited 1539127853
I'm having a similar issue. No matter what I type into chat I get the same output of failed macros. I can confirm that I copied my game and it is still not working. UPDATE 2: I copied the game, entered the copy, deleted the copy, and now I can access my original game normally.
Phnord Prephect said: Are you using API scripts? Perhaps it needs a restart. Is the chat history very large? Often problems with the chat window can be resolved by deleting everything in it. Has it been a very long break? There were some fundamental changes with some things that broke a lot of people's stuff. They're working on it. If a copy works, this may be the best way to recover your lost work. Thank you very much, I apologize, after spending 10+ hours trying to develop the campaign, having this issue occur made me very afraid. I deleted the entire chat history, and that seems to have resolved the issue.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
For anyone having a similar issue, sometimes the chat log can become corrupted and lead to unexpected or garbled results. A game's creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by  clearing the Chat Archive  (note: not  clearing your current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the creator clears it.  Rook, Justin P, I'm going to leave this bug report open for a bit until I know you folks are back to gaming as usual. I'll close it if I don't hear back, but feel free to open a new bug thread if it recurs or you have another problem.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Since I have not heard back, I'm going to assume that clearing the chat archive worked. If you are continuing to have problems, though, please feel free to open a new thread.