Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Showing Players the Compendium

Edited 1539357843
Ok, so I am trying to show players a few things from the compendium by dragging and dropping, but I've found some things in the rules result in this window: Yet when I simply click it to look at it as a popup it loads perfectly:
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Claire, the uploading of graphics to the forums can be a little frustrating. Recent upgrades have helped to fix this, but it still causes problems once in a while. My workaround is to load a new post in a new window, not the one you are currently using. If the upload hangs, you can just refresh the troublesome window without losing your post edits. Once the graphic is up, you can move it to your real post with just copy and paste. Also, some users report better luck with using the attachment button in the post editing bar, rather than drag and drop. In the meantime, if you can describe the problem, we'll see what we can do to help.
keithcurtis said: Claire, the uploading of graphics to the forums can be a little frustrating. Recent upgrades have helped to fix this, but it still causes problems once in a while. My workaround is to load a new post in a new window, not the one you are currently using. If the upload hangs, you can just refresh the troublesome window without losing your post edits. Once the graphic is up, you can move it to your real post with just copy and paste. Also, some users report better luck with using the attachment button in the post editing bar, rather than drag and drop. In the meantime, if you can describe the problem, we'll see what we can do to help. I've managed to upload them now so hopefully they tell the whole story.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Claire, This is very likely related to the problem in your other thread , about sharing compendium information. If you can resolve that there, given the steps shown, then check back on this problem, you will probably solve them both. Let me know if one resolves and not the other.

Edited 1539363802
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
@keithcurtis I can confirm this behaviour is not related to compendium sharing. I have a game with PHB sharing enabled.  I can pull up a filtered list for myself (this is the wizard spell list): But if I drag and drop it for my players to see, I just get a search string: I tested this with the "items" list in Claire's example with the the same result. It seems that you cannot share a filtered list with your players, such as items or class spells. I'm not sure if this is intended behaviour or not. Edit: Spelling
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hmm. I don't usually use filtering, so I'm not aware if this is a known issue or not. I'll ping a dev, regardless.
Unfortunately, at this time, sharing filtered lists is not supported. That said, you can explain which filters to use and your players can apply those filters to the lists themselves for the desired effect. 
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
keithcurtis said: Claire, the uploading of graphics to the forums can be a little frustrating. Recent upgrades have helped to fix this, but it still causes problems once in a while. My workaround is to load a new post in a new window, not the one you are currently using. If the upload hangs, you can just refresh the troublesome window without losing your post edits. Once the graphic is up, you can move it to your real post with just copy and paste. Also, some users report better luck with using the attachment button in the post editing bar, rather than drag and drop. For the record, I've always used the attachment button, and have never had an issue with uploading images. Even during the period when uploading images was completely broken, the attachment button was working fine for me. YMMV of course.
Kirsty
Pro
Sheet Author
Thanks for the response, CeeJay! I suspected as much but appreciate the confirmation.
CeeJay B. said: Unfortunately, at this time, sharing filtered lists is not supported. That said, you can explain which filters to use and your players can apply those filters to the lists themselves for the desired effect.  Oh, thanks for the clarification! Good to know! :D