Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Lag

There is so much lag. I checked my connection and I'm not having any issues. Even simple things like using my mouse to scroll have 10-30 seconds of lag. It's brutal. It was even worse last night. Is this going to be resolved or is this just how r20 is going to run now?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I haven't seen a flood of posts on this, so it's likely something we can address specifically. The Wiki has a guide to Optimizing Roll20 performance . You can start with the suggestions there. Beyond those suggestions, here are some possible solutions: 1) Try a different browser. a lot of users have reported significant performance boosts by switching to Firefox Quantum. 2) Turn off autofill. This can cause a significant lag when trying to edit anything. 3) Although it's mentioned in the wiki article, check the number of characters and pages in your game, especially the characters. They are the biggest contributor to bloat, particularly if you have lots of spellcasters all with completely filled out spells. If none of these things help, could you please carefully work through these steps of our guide to   Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions  and  anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
It seems to have clear itself up. It was unplayable last night and still very lagging this morning but it's back to normal now.

Edited 1539366564
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There was considerable problem with Firebase last night. Many people could not even log on for a while. If you are still suffering lag, I'd still suggest trying some of the techniques listed in the link above. Since you have posted that it seems to be cleared up, I'm going to close this and mark it resolved, but don't hesitate to open a new thread if you have further complications.