Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Display a Character Sheet to the players, but hide folder patch?

I have alot of NPC's that are sorted into folders.  Fx.  Vampires Mages Humans etc Lets say I want to share Jackson the mage with the Players, but if I do, the Players will see this. NPC Mages  - Jackson But I dont want the Players to see that he is a Mage, like the folder says he is. Any work around?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Other than pull Jackson out of the folder before sharing, I don't believe so. Folder structure is shared. You could have a "shared" folder to pull him into to keep the clutter down and remind you to put him back later.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you were a pro user, you could use Jakob's PublicSheet script, which makes copies of sheets that everyone can see but not edit, and you can put them anywhere. With careful use of permissions, you could make sure the players dont see the character sheet tab.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Just to keep down clutter for npc portraits, I have started using a handout with a list of links to npc portraits.  All the portraits are archived so that they aren't in the folder structure at all.  I keep the list available to players so they can click a link to bring up a portrait.  The player view has npcs categorized by location or association, so they are easier for players to find.  Anyone I want to keep to myself, I keep in the GM notes section of the list handout.  Of course, all those can be categorized however you want, since it only shows on the GM view of the handout.  If this is a "disposable" npc, then it might not be worth this much setup.  I generally make my players suffer without portraits for random, one time only people they meet.