Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Using DND compendium monster/tokens (modules) with other character sheets?

As the title says, i'm looking to use all the compendium statted tokens etc. i've bought but with the Dungeon World character sheet. Is this possible?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yes and no. When you create a campaign, you can choose the compendium you wish to use. Dungeon World has its own compendium, as I'm sure you know. Although technically, you could choose the (say) D&D5e compendium and have access to the Monster Manual (assuming you've purchased it), there would be no real use or functionality. You would see tokens and lore, but from my testing, the Dungeon World is not set up to do any interpretation or conversion from the 5e sheet. It's "hooks" are built for the Dungeon World compendium and rule set. There are ways you could Transmogrify some assets from one campaign to another, if all you need are tokens and lore, but that would require an appropriate subscription level. 
keithcurtis said: There are ways you could Transmogrify some assets from one campaign to another, if all you need are tokens and lore, but that would require an appropriate subscription level. How would i go about doing this if i were to get the appropriate subscription level?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Are you looking to use tokens with linked D&D character sheets, in your Dungeon World game, or are you looking to just use the token (the art on it)? If the later, you can set your campaign to use the appropriate D&D compendium, then drag the creatures into your campaign. Drag their tokens onto a map, and deleted the character sheet that came with it. Exit the campaign and restore to using the DW compendium.  Reload campaign, and you'll have a bunch of tokens on your map you can assign to whatever character sheet you want.

Edited 1539498496
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Nice solution!
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
G G said: Are you looking to use tokens with linked D&D character sheets, in your Dungeon World game, or are you looking to just use the token (the art on it)? If the later, you can set your campaign to use the appropriate D&D compendium, then drag the creatures into your campaign. Drag their tokens onto a map, and deleted the character sheet that came with it. Exit the campaign and restore to using the DW compendium.  Reload campaign, and you'll have a bunch of tokens on your map you can assign to whatever character sheet you want. I don't know about the Monster Manual, but the tokens may be in the Art Library under Premium Assets => Market Place Purchases => Monster Manual (?) At least I have a group of tokens from the PHB under Premium Assets => Market Place Purchases => Player's Handbook Character Asset Pack Perhaps something like that exists for the Monster Manual?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Those PHB tokens were a digital bonus. To my knowledge, the MM and similar are not set up that way.
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
That's too bad...if it did come, I might actually find value in purchasing the MM, since I don't play D&D; $50 bucks for all the fantasy monster tokens would be AWESOME!!