Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Different languages on site and character sheet

Is it possible to have the Roll 20 site in english and use a character sheet, which is translated into other languages, in another language? Specifically I want to use the site in english because all documentation and discussion on the forums is in english. And I want to use the character sheet for "Das Schwarze Auge" in german because it is a german game and me and my group speak german while playing it. But since the last update of the character sheet, which added the english translation, it is automatically translated to english if I have the language option for the site set to english. 
Jakob
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you add it as a custom sheet, it will use whatever you put into the translations tab. I think that's your only option.
Thanks! Didn't think of the custom sheet. But that raises another problem. The sheet is work in progress and as such updated quite often. I would have to update my custom sheet every time there is a new update to the original sheet, correct?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
If you want the updates to your own sheet, then yes, you need to update your sheet manually.
Thanks for the answer. 
Finderski
Pro
Sheet Author
Compendium Curator
Not ideal, but you could just change your site language preference for the game and then change it back...kind of like what we have to do if we want our game avatar to match our character.
The thing is, when I am looking for specific function or button or whatever which I found in the documentation, I need to be in english language to find it, but also inside the game itself, because that's mostly where I am doing preparation for the game. (I am the gm.) So switching back and forth while prepping is... not ideal, as you said.  I made a thread in the suggestion forum to have a dedicated option for the language of character sheets.