Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro not working out damage and second damage type properly.

Edited 1539512554
I am new to making macros, but have made some way on my own over the past couple of days, but I have run into a problem that I can't get my head round. I used this macro for the scimitar that goblins use: &{template:atkdmg} {{mod=+2}} {{rname=@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_name}}} {{r1=%{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action}}} {{attack=1}} {{range=Range 5}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=%{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action}}} {{dmg1type= @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_name} }}  {{crit1=%{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action}}} {{desc=@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_description}}}{{charname=@{selected|token_name}}} This all works fine, but I Would like to know how to get the macro to automatically get {{Mod=?????}} and {{range=?????}} to input the correct values into the macro.... i.e whether it's  %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action/range/mod} or something. However... This is not my real problem is I am experiencing using a similar macro to the one above for the bite attack on an Ettercap. &{template:atkdmg} {{mod=+4}} {{rname= @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_name}} } {{r1=%{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_action}}} {{attack=1}} {{range=Range 5}} {{damage=1}} {{dmg1flag=1}} {{dmg1=%{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_action}}} {{dmg1type=@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_name}}} {{dmg2flag=1}} {{dmg2= %{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_npc_action} }} {{dmg2type= @{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_name} }} {{crit1=crit1}} {{crit2=crit2}} {{desc=@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$1_description}}} {{charname=@{selected|token_name}}} But for some reason, it is not working.  I know that it is a multi attack, first part the bite and if a constitution save is failed, then the target takes additional poison damage. But it is not working out the damage and it is not labelling the second damage type properly Can anyone help me, please, it's driving me nuts and I just can't figure it out.
Well, I got that all sorted...  I kinda fluffed it and worked it out completely by accident...  I manually entered the info for the attacks on the NPC sheet and made sure they was all in the correct order and it seemed to have work. Would still like to know how to add the NPC To_Hit to the {{mod=mod}} and add the weapon range to the {{range=range}} the template.