Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Draw Shape + Hex Grid

Hi all, for a game I'm building i need the Hex map. I'd like to draw a fighting stadium so I tried the Draw Shape > hold Shift to snap tp the grid, but the drawing still follows the square grid. Is there a way to make my drawing follow the hex grid? Or I have to calibrate my drawing line by line? :'(
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
There isn’t a way to make the line drawing snap to the hex grid currently. Sorry I don’t have better news.  An API solution might be possible, but I don’t think one has been written. 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
The drawing tools do indeed exhibit this behavior. I'm not sure if a "hex snapping" procedure could be found that would be acceptable to all users, due to some wanting it to snap to different parts of the hex. Currently, in hex format, the tools seem to snap more to the increment of the grid, rather than the grid itself, when reverting to square, the rectangles are in 5' increments (my settings), but not always lined up with the vertices. In short, hexagons are problematic. Nevertheless, I'll see if I can get a dev to speak to this here. Thanks!