Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

All character journal entries: 'ERROR: Unable to find character to edit'

If I try to access any characters in my journal (either created by me or loaded as part of the Tomb of Annihilation module) they are simply blank.  If I click edit, I get the message 'ERROR: Unable to find character to edit'.  These have all worked fine until today.

Edited 1539568543
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Khal, Is this only happening in the game created with Tomb of Annihilation? I'll ping a dev, but first could you please carefully work through these steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions  and  anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Alternatively... If you have not done much in the intervening time, since you are a Pro user, you could try a Rollback  — Please see this   wiki for help with rollbacks . I'll follow this thread to see which route you decide to try and escalate accordingly. Thank you!
I have seen something similar happening in other games. In these cases it's been related to initial load time for the game. When you first enter the gameroom, do nothing whatsoever for a couple minutes. This will give the system time to load everything. If you try to open a sheet before it's fully loaded, you can get a 'not found' error. This may not be your problem, but give it a shot.
Thanks for the reply folks - this morning I no longer have this problem.  My best guess is that last night my internet connection became flakey for unrelated reasons, and that that was causing the issues.  It caught be by surprise because worked fine for hours before suddenly starting to fail. Anyway, thanks for the help, and check your internet connection if anyone sees a similar issue!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Good to hear, Khal. I'll close this thread and mark it Resolved, but don't hesitate to open a new one if the problem recurs.