Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Pathfinder Character saves quick-tool

First, go to the "attributes and abilities" tab, make an ability called "Fort", and type the following as the ability text: &{template:pc} {{showchar=[[1]]}} {{charname=@{character_name}}} {{name=fortitude}} {{type=save}} {{roll=[[1d20+@{fortitude}]]}} {{shownotes=[[1]]}} {{notes=+2 vs bananas}} Save and repeat for Reflex and Will. Next, buttons! Make an ability called “Saves”, and type the following as the ability text: /w gm &{template:default} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{Saves=[Fort](~Selected|Fort)[Ref](~Selected|Ref)[Will](~Selected|Will)}} Replace "gm" with your own name, and the {{name=}} section is only necessary for labeling the save boxes if you're controlling more than one character; otherwise you know who it is by default. Save and check the box for "show as token action". Now your character (or monster!) has a quick link to roll saving throws. I prefer this route because notes in the character sheet get repeated across all the saves, whether applicable or not.
Hi, Thanks to whoever made this sheet so fast. I've unfortunately found a mistake. Expert  proficiency is level +1; this means it is +2 for first level characters. If you put in expert fortitude it only adds +1. Trained is character level so it should be 1, thus all the skills are out by -1. How do you setup armor? I can't get it to work. Also note that trained in armor means a +1 to the AC but you don't double dip for shields. Hope this helps.
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Zachary A. said: First, go to the "attributes and abilities" tab, make an ability called "Fort", and type the following as the ability text: &amp;{template:pc} {{showchar=[[1]]}} {{charname=@{character_name}}} {{name=fortitude}} {{type=save}} {{roll=[[1d20+@{fortitude}]]}} {{shownotes=[[1]]}} {{notes=+2 vs bananas}} Save and repeat for Reflex and Will. Next, buttons! Make an ability called “Saves”, and type the following as the ability text: /w gm &amp;{template:default} {{name=@{character_name}}} {{Saves=[Fort](~Selected|Fort)[Ref](~Selected|Ref)[Will](~Selected|Will)}} Replace "gm" with your own name, and the {{name=}} section is only necessary for labeling the save boxes if you're controlling more than one character; otherwise you know who it is by default. Save and check the box for "show as token action". Now your character (or monster!) has a quick link to roll saving throws. I prefer this route because notes in the character sheet get repeated across all the saves, whether applicable or not. Hi Zachary A. Looking at the roll template code, I guess you're using the Pathfinder By Roll20 sheet (AKA Pathfinder Official). If so, instead of re-creating the full roll, you may also reference directly the roll name in the sheet. Like : /w gm %{character's name|fortitude} Same goes for any roll on the sheet, see&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Official#PC_Rolls" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Pathfinder_Official#PC_Rolls</a>
Natha
KS Backer
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Brunttest . said: Hi, Thanks to whoever made this sheet so fast. I've unfortunately found a mistake. Expert&nbsp; proficiency is level +1; this means it is +2 for first level characters. If you put in expert fortitude it only adds +1. Trained is character level so it should be 1, thus all the skills are out by -1. How do you setup armor? I can't get it to work. Also note that trained in armor means a +1 to the AC but you don't double dip for shields. Hope this helps. Hi Brunttest. I'm not sure this is the right topic. Are you asking about the Pathfinder Playtest sheet? If that's so, this topic should be better suited:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6663424/paizo-pathfinder-playtest-bug-thread" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/6663424/paizo-pathfinder-playtest-bug-thread</a>
Argh... that would have been much simpler, but the reason I broke it out like that is because the conditional section spreads across all three saves. I found out you can add notes to a called roll template, though: %{selected|Will-Save} {{Notes=+2 vs bananas}}