Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Good Ole Rollable Table Macro

So I was using the D&D OG Sheet when I made a rollable table and the macro associated with rolling it. I have however swapped to the Shaped pro sheet and noticed that the rollable table looks ugly af and the macro doesnt work. Is there a way to make it look similar and get the macro to work for shaped? My prior macro was:  &{template:npcaction} {{rname= Critical Pilot Success }} {{name= Critical Success Effect }} {{description= [[1t[Critical-Success]]] }} Which rolled the table and only gave the text as described in the table. Now that macro doesnt work. The rollable table now also shows the result of the roll as and was wondering if there was a way to make it look better: rolling 1t[name of table] ( text info ) =  0
The Aaron
Pro
API Scripter
You’ll need to change to a suitible Roll Template for Shaped. Run some commands until you get output that looks like what you want, then push up in the chat to see what the template is and what options it has.  You can also click the Documentation link at the bottom of a character and follow the chat link to read up on it. 
None of that made sense to me ^^;;;; I am not used to editing api, macros, or scripting in general :(
Could you post a screencap of the output you get when you try the orignal macro? (You may have to try a couple times)
It does not generate an output. It is blank.

Edited 1539656707
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Try this: ​/w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Critical Success Effect}}{{text=[[1t[Critical-Success]]]}} I'm not sure what "rname" is as opposed to "name", but you can put anything you like in that text field, including markup, such as *italic* or **bold**. Here is the wiki sheet for the Shaped Roll Template. EDIT: Just looked up rname. Try "text_top", or just: ​/w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Critical Success Effect}}{{text=**Critical Pilot Success** [[1t[Critical-Success]]]}}
keithcurtis said: Try this: ​/w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Critical Success Effect}}{{text=[[1t[Critical-Success]]]}} I'm not sure what "rname" is as opposed to "name", but you can put anything you like in that text field, including markup, such as *italic* or **bold**. Here is the wiki sheet for the Shaped Roll Template. EDIT: Just looked up rname. Try "text_top", or just: ​/w gm &{template:5e-shaped} {{title=Critical Success Effect}}{{text=**Critical Pilot Success** [[1t[Critical-Success]]]}} Awesome! That edited one worked like a charm (it doesnt whisper but I didnt want it to). Thank you very much everyone for your help :)