Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

DM Looking for players on Thursday nights 7pm British Summer Time for a homebrew old school Egyptian-style dungeon crawl campaign. 5e.

Edited 1539708911
Looking over a vast sea of yellow sand, nothing can be seen from horizon to horizon. Your guides, a couple of locals to the ancient land of Kefu have led you through the desert for the last two weeks after setting off from the port town of Suuz. Just as water supplies seem to dwindle, one of the guides points ahead, and blows a sharp note on his horn. A golden peak, shimmering in the distance at first seems like a mirage, but as you travel closer it becomes obvious what it is; a huge pyramid structure protruding out of the sand dunes.  You have been sent as part of an exploration to find the mythical entrance into the great pyramid, and map out its many chambers. Doing this, it is hoped, will help historians and archaeologists discover what led to the fall of Kefu over two thousand years ago. The riches that are all but guaranteed to be within are yours provided you can bring them back to civilisation as the reward.  Hello! My name is Mike, and I am a DM looking to start another campaign in parallel to the one I am running with a few of my friends. I have created a homebrew world nearly a year ago which I am updating daily, and am looking for a brave collection of adventurers to add a little extra flavour to it. I am looking for no more than 5 players, including one of my friends who will play with us.  THIS IS A FREE TO PLAY GAME. Some people like to hook people in before telling them they charged, but I am running it because I want even more experience DMing, and to add to the tapestry of lore I have attempted to create. THERE IS NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED. Please be honest with your experience in 5th edition, but I am okay with anyone playing! As long as you're a nice person, it's okay. I am excited to hear a little about yourself and your character ideas!  Please write a little about yourself down below, and I will invite you! 
Hey there, I like the idea of a Egyptian themed game and would like to throw my hat in the ring, as they say. My name is Caspian, I have been playing d&d for about 2 years both on roll20 and in person. My favorite thing to do in d&d is making characters, when I have a clear concept I want to play, other wise i have a hard time making characters on the spot. Speaking of Characters, I wanted to stick the theme and be an aarakocra rouge, cleric or druid. but if you don't like the idea of flying speed at level one I could be a re-flavored kenku with the head of a hawk or something, I don't know. any who, thanks for reading.
Aww guy... I wanna join, but as a deaf player i can play only text chat games T_T Good luck to you
That's a shame! I am interested in running a text based game at some point, so stick around and you might get a chance! Best of luck in the future. 
Howdy do. I'm pretty easy so I'll hang on until the rest of the party has decided what to play, and I'll try to fill any holes the party has.

Edited 1539800247
Hello! So, I am like 90% unexperienced. I played a round of Dungeon World at a festival (with pre-made characters), a very short campaign (three sessions) of Shadowrun and the start of a homebrew futuristic DnD campaign. In short: I kinda know how it works, I have made characters and thrown dice, but I have no real clue about the rules and how to properly play with a fixed group (and specifically mostly experience with Pen&Paper, not Tabletop). I do have experiences with roleplaying in general since I have participated in forum RPGs for many years. If none of the above would be an issue, then... I have played mostly rogue-ish characters in the mentioned games (Thief, Social Chameleon and Assassin respectively), so I could do that if at least a tiny bit of experience is desired. In your scenario I could imagine a Halfling (or if Volvo is ok, Tabaxi) Thief who wants to join for the experience. He was on his own travels to learn about the world, lead by his curiosity, and heard of this excursion and decided that whatever is inside would be highly interesting and useful for when he returns home one day (plus, if there is treasure inside, then it can grant a safe return home as well). If it doesn't matter whether I know what I am doing or not (or the group has already five rogues with the sixth in making), then I would love to try out a Warlock since I find them really interesting (I might need a bit of help then though since I haven't played anyone with magical ability so far). Not sure yet about race (maybe a dwarf that is stuck with someone/thing unpleasant), but I'd think that the familiar would believe a specific artifact to be inside the pyramid and thus force the Warlock to retrieve (or destroy) it. Sorry for the wall of text, I haven't done anything like this before xD"
Hello! Being inexperienced is absolutely fine, we all started somewhere! I will invite to the game! 

Edited 1539880446
Hey there, i'm interested in playing and the time works perfectly for me as well. i have played 5e for 4 years now so am well versed in rules and a fair amount of lore.  I have over 200 character ideas so can fill any gaps in the party that may be needed, though i would like to play a rouge of some description as it has been a long while. any questions feel free to message me, Euan