Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[LFG][D&D][5E][EST] New Player looking for a weekly group to join for long term campaign

A little info on myself, my name is Robert 20 yrs old i live in NYC so EST. Ive played a little D&D 3.5 a little bit but never 5e. i have spent of ton of time reading rules and listening to video on different topics. Since i havent been able to find a group yet im just biting at whatever i can get. i have been working on a warlock character idea that might multi class with sorcerer. I really want to play 5E and am just looking for a good group with kind and funny players that want to live out their own fantasy stories too and be a part of that.I am currently DMing my own home brewed sci fi game so i have some experience DMing if later on someone would like to play a PC i wouldnt mind rotating in and out once ive familiarized myself with the rules a bit more.  If i sound like someone you would like to play with shoot me a message and we can further discuss this thing! Below is the current idea i have for my character Class preference: hexblade warlock/ Sorcerer Name Calcifer Race: half elf Age:21 Backstory Idea: somewhat of a mix between light folk hero with some sage. My characters mother is an elf adventurer and his father is human blacksmith. They had a one night stand in some tavern and my mother( or someone else) dropped me off on my fathers doorstep nine months later. i always had an affinity for magic. i enjoyed studying magic and also had an apprenticeship with my father at the forge. One day a monster attacks my hometown and kills my father. I wish for the strength to fight off the monster while holding my moms old sword and bam! i swore a pact with it. i then leave the ruined town to look for my mother, that apparently my patron knows, and find the monster that killed my father.
Hello! You can reach me on Discord as well as here, TheIncredibleRory#1992. We need more players exactly like you. The story is centered around the ruling houses of the Empire of Gallia. Beneath their Benevolent Empress and their family line, the House of Estic, Gallia has flourished for the past 1000 years, uniting the central landmass of the major western continent of Altea, known as Gallias. The game will be starting in the year 4992. The Empire grew, knowledge grew, civilization grew. It was largely a time of prosperity, but an Ancient Prophecy stated that the Empire would rise and fall. Nobody paid this much heed; Gallia was able to defeat the Tribes of Avrasia to the North, and Orestes to the South, and kept diplomatic relations with the Empire of Khanaan on the Eastern Continent. Between those powers, little could challenge them. Then came the Collapse. Nobody knows what caused it; it's said to be the work of the Gods. Altea was once orbited by two moons; in the year of 4413, these Moons collided, causing natural disasters and wreaking destruction upon the land. Only the remains of one broken moon remain in the night sky, with a vivid ring of debris around the planet. The Gallian Empire persisted through the collapse; but not without cost. They lost a large amount of their progress; fragments from the Moonfall as well as other natural disasters devastated their domain.  The Northerners in Avrasia, always superstitious, blamed it on the Gallians freely and recklessly calling upon the powers of the Gods (using magic), and it wasn't long until they declared independence. In the years following the Moonfall, Gallia was in no position to reign them in. Their own twisted, bizzare warped religion resulted from this; Avrasia is now a state ruled by Puppets where the Church's Holy Inquisition Holds all the power. They declared a crusade against all non-believers, and invaded northern Gallia in 4992 after consolidating power. In Gallia, the Eastern part of the continent of Gallias, known as “Praesia”, has risen-up in revolt, demanding a government of elected representatives over Feudalism. These representatives happen to be all members of royal families, but when has true purpose ever mattered over an easily-swallowed Lie? It's always easier to point blame at a single tyrant 1000 miles away than 100 tyrants one mile away. The Land is hurt; the Moonfall was a major event that rained debris and darkness upon the land, temporarily throwing the planets climate out of place, causing an ice age and causing the seasons to become unpredictable as Altea has moved from it's original access, with tides, now bound to only one celestial body, rising high and covering up 30% of land that was previously inhabitable. While the land has recovered, the damage can still be seen, and cities that were abandoned or deserted and other places lost to time litter the land. In this great time of Strife, the Empress has called upon her three Kings; King Fidelus Rynn of Galicia; the Southern part of Gallia. Queen Moriya Ronzo of Fendrel, of Central Gallia. And lastly, King Maxim D'Rohan of Heideholm, the King of the Northern Territories of Gallia.  There was a fourth King, King Orestes of Praesia. The King has refused summons and has not used his troops to quell the rebellion in Praesia, or communicated with the crown in any way. The Players will all be retainers or Nobles of Major Houses, pending creation decision and choices, of King Maxim D'Rohan of Heideholm. ______________ If that looks looks like it's fun, what are you waiting for? :) Come by and say Hi!
Holy fuck this looks amazing. Im definitely interested