Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Green/Yellow/Black circles and dynamic light when drawing on Token Layer

Edited 1539731953
Hello, apologies if there's already a similar error with an existing fix, I've searched for it (pretty much what I put in my title) and couldn't find anything. When trying to draw (shape, free or polygon) on the Token layer (NOT the dynamic light layer), I get these weird (almost debug) circles.The generated lines also cast shadows and behave like dynamic light lines. Deleting the weird circles deletes the dynamic light lines at first, and the whole drawing when they're all gone. Screenshot : Any idea how to fix this ? It's been like this for a while now, and I kinda need to draw on the token layer.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the site. Would you please carefully work through these steps of our guide to Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome and Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable all add-ons/extensions and anti-virus programs. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through Step 4 . (Don't forget the complete Console Log, starting from table load-in and progressing through the scenarios you described in your post!) Thank you!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
If you are able to delete the circles they aren't a debug feature. You don't by chance have any API scripts installed do you? I expect you have some script installed that syncs DL lines and lines in other layers.
Well I feel stupid. It's from Dynamic Light Helper, and apparently this is normal behaviour : you can draw on the object layer so it creates control points on the DL layer. It's a bit weird, and nothing ever showed up in the chat, it's just enabled by default. I'm very sorry for opening this thread without looking into this first, but thanks for the help!
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
No worries, and nothing to be sorry about, it's easy to forget what custom behavior you've enabled from API scripts.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Hey, no worries!  I'll mark this as Resolved and close the thread, but please don't hesitate to start a new thread if you've any issues or concerns. :)