Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Downloadable Versions of D&D handbooks

Hello, I'm new here. I've always been more of a video game guy, but after reading things like the D&D Player's Handbook in Barnes & Noble, I've gotten more interested in tabletop RPGs like D&D. I'd like to own those guidebooks but since I'd probably get more use of them on places like this and Fantasy Grounds (don't have many in-person friends), I wanted to know if it's possible to download them after I purchase them from the marketplace?
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
You can't download them, but they are always accessible via the compendiums (for rulebooks) or in game for adventures.
Other licensed D&D partners have downloadable ebooks on their mobile apps, but the licensing for Roll20 specifically precludes that sort of offline access.

Edited 1539800927
Wesley, the place you can get the books that are downloadable on mobile devices is dndbeyond.com; they have an app which has access to the books offline (as well as online). PDFs or other non-hard-copies of the books to read offline aren't available for purchase anywhere, as the others have said.