Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Dim Light Only Help

I'm making some tokens for dancing lights and the spell description says 10 ft of dim light. How would I set that up on a token in roll 20? 

Edited 1539805462
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This is what you want as a minimum for Page settings. Other boxes can be checked, but Global Illumination needs to be off.  Make sure that any player tokens have "Has Sight" checked, and the faerie fire emitter needs to have these settings. 10 for the radius of the light, dim light starts at 0 (not just blank). All Players See Light will ensure that it is visible to all players, otherwise, only a light emitter may see its own light.
Kai
Plus
Sheet Author
To add to that, if you want the token to emit only dim light, you have to set second box of the 'Emits Light' setting to a negative value e.g. to -5.
Using negative numbers will do that? I've always wanted to do something to get the effect of low-light vision set correctly. I need to play with this some more I think.
Thanks for the advice. Worked perfectly and setting the dim light to a negative really make it's eerie.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Negative numbers means it shifts the beginning of dim light back to before it even strats to display. The Aaron has a nice graphic for this somewhere, but essentially, your light starts further along the dim gradient. Useful for creating very dim light, too.

Edited 1539981495
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Found it. It is from this excellent thread , but his graphic shows some nice comparisons: