Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Character Sheet Edit History

Is there a way to see the character sheet edit history on the 5E standard character sheet, either as a GM or player? Sorry if a similar question was posted before. The search function did not show helpful results at a glance. Thank you.

Edited 1539851796
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No there isn't, unfortunately. If you're worried about keeping your players honest, you can make a copy of the character sheets before a session starts, remove player permissions from them, and compare them after.
There isn't a feature unfortunately, but gosh it'd be handy if it were. I know that a former campaign I was in involved someone going in and quietly changing their stats without the gm's knowledge, which resulted in their character being able to have better rolls and cheating. :/
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
A Plus or Pro Subscriber could use the Character Vault for this. It would even put a date stamp on it. A much quicker, though less thorough method, available at the free level, is to just open up sheets at intervals and screenshot.
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
AlphaDargon said: There isn't a feature unfortunately, but gosh it'd be handy if it were. I know that a former campaign I was in involved someone going in and quietly changing their stats without the gm's knowledge, which resulted in their character being able to have better rolls and cheating. :/ For your suggestions, we offer the Suggestions & Ideas forum, which is based on voting from the whole community.  Please review our Forum Voting wiki page for more information on how voting works, and our Posting to Suggestions & Ideas section of the Code of Conduct .
Thank you for the replies. I was writing in a character description and was two paragraphs in when roll20 logged me out. My description was lost, so I was hoping for an easy restore. I can see the application of this feature to prevent dishonest player, but that was not the driving factor of my question. Thank you again for the responses and feedback!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
That was unfortunate but should be a very rare occurrence, and should only affect you when writing in the bio/gm notes section of character sheets. For fields in the character sheet tab, you can just tab out of the field and it will be saved automatically.