Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

All-Access Vault question

Do the following modules give all-access Vault? The Tyranny of Dragons Bundle (as opposed to the individual ones), Tales from the Yawning Portal, Waterdeep Dragon Heist, Dungeon of the Mad Mage. I ask because all the other major modules from Wizards include it, and this seems like a discrepancy. If they should be included, could the pages for them in the Marketplace be updated?
Hi Grant! So there are a few caveats to this which I believe is what largely contributes to the confusion here: Any player, regardless of subscription level, can pull a character from a game and put it in their vault In order to put a character from the vault into a game, either of the following must be true the game must be owned by a subscriber with the all-access vault enabled the game must be a module which enables this As for the discrepancy between modules and addons: The idea here was that modules needed to have a way for characters to be transferred so that campaigns could be continued across multiple modules since modules require a new game. Addons on the other hand, can be added to any existing game so there was no need to include vault access as addons would be added to games where characters already existed. On to the more exact instances you bring up: Bundles (i.e. Tyranny of Dragons) will not have the blurb at the bottom because it is a bundle and not the game itself whereas the constituent pieces will have that blurb as you have noted. This same thing applies to the Dragon Heist adventure-- Dragon Heist is technically a bundle of a module (the beginning of the adventure) and four addons (the seasons). The module portion of this will include the blurb, but the addons will not. The Tales from the Yawning Portal is also a bundle and will not have the blurb. Additionally, because the pieces of the bundle are addons they will not have the blurb either. Dungeon of the Mad Mage is technically an addon so it will not have the blurb. I can 100% understand how this can all end up confusing, I will be bringing this up to the appropriate parties to see if we can make things more clear!
I see the info for Tyranny of Dragons and Waterdeep Dragon Heist, and all my questions are answered for those. But just to confirm, because the individual parts of Tales from the Yawning Portal are addons (along with Dungeon of the Mad Mage), and there's no module part of that bundle, A game made by a non-subscriber who then used one of the add-ons on top of that game from the TftYP bundle or DotMM would not have the All-Access vault enabled for that game, correct?
Grant J. said: ...But just to confirm, because the individual parts of Tales from the Yawning Portal are addons (along with Dungeon of the Mad Mage), and there's no module part of that bundle, A game made by a non-subscriber who then used one of the add-ons on top of that game from the TftYP bundle or DotMM would not have the All-Access vault enabled for that game, correct? That is correct. If the game is comprised only of addons the All-Access Vault would not be enabled.