Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Question about game listings suddenly disappearing

Title pretty much says it all.   Twice now I have applied to games in the 'join game' function on this site and one day (before the assigned start day) they just -poof- magically disappear.  Does this mean that the games have been cancelled or something?  There was no contact from the GMs so I'm kind of frustrated about it.
1540788545
Mike W.
Pro
Sheet Author
Usually they are cancelled and unfortunately many GMs make no contact or posting about why? That is why I always contact them directly via private message - therefore I can always follow up with them if the game is cancelled.
sometimes it is also do to a full game and the gm chose not to invite you...
1540790554

Edited 1540790614
There are several reason this happens, but the main ones are usually. 1. The game is filled, meaning that all player slots are full and the listing automatically is disabled. 2. The game is cancelled. 3. The GM has removed the game. I most cases when the game receives a lot of applications the GM will only message those whom got accepted rather than sending everyone the "sorry" PM. Its important to remember that player count out ways the GM so demand is high for games, just because you apply it does not mean you will automatically get invited.
1540792220

Edited 1540792367
Vegemite Dangerous said:  just because you apply it does not mean you will automatically get invited. Oh, I understand that.  Just that like I said it suddenly disappeared so I was wondering if it was possibly a glitch in the Roll20 systems.  Or that perhaps the GM turned the listing to 'private' so they could go over the applications. Edit:  How do I search for profiles on Roll20?  I sort of remember the GMs name but I don't know how to message them.
Unfortunately there is not a way to directly search for the GM by name. The best you have is the player directory that will allow you to search via game, which you might have luck with.
When you apply for games, Milton, you could copy and paste the url for the lfg listing. Even if the person later stops advertising you can still see the page from my experiences. If the page disappears then you know the game has been deleted.  You can also copy and paste the url for the GM so  you can contact them later if you want. Doesn't help you for the games you mentioned but going forward it is a way of keeping track of what games you applied for and the results. Best of luck.
Thanks
Milton P. said: Title pretty much says it all.   Twice now I have applied to games in the 'join game' function on this site and one day (before the assigned start day) they just -poof- magically disappear.  Does this mean that the games have been cancelled or something?  There was no contact from the GMs so I'm kind of frustrated about it.  Open up your browser history and re-visit the LFG for the game in question . Then count up the players and see how many spots are open. If no spots are open then the game is full  and is automatically removed from the LFG .