Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Tomb of Annihilation: Nine Shrines Map laggyness

So i'm playing the campaign with my players.  and i bring them all into one of the maps that is needed to play the game.   The whole map is pure lag,  and i think it has to do with the Dynamic light effect and such.  we got the one map done, but today i went in afterwards and fiddled around on the map itself.  when i'm on the Object layer, its Super laggy, even for me when i'm by myself.  Zooming is super laggy,  moving tokens is super laggy.  moving around the map with your right mouse click and hold and drag is super laggy. HOWEVER.  When i'm in the DMs layer,  I can move tokens, move the map around, zoom in and zoom out ALL WITH EASE.    So i dunno if you guys know about this,  but now i am going to be cut and paste the maps into new maps separately so i can have a smoother experience.  :)  Cheers guys :) 
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi xTimmyx, My suspicion is that you can reduce lag by turning off Sight and personal light on NPCs, but I'm not familiar with the map. In the meantime, I have copied your post over to the thread dedicated to Tomb of Annihilation for better visibility by the mods and other players of the module. Since you can track it there, I will close this thread. Thanks for the report.