Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Compendium Access?

Hello. I was wondering if we have compendium access through the API. I thought I may want to write a script to fix the curious decision of having NPC spellcasters not having spells added for quick casting. If not, I suppose I could create a reference character with all of the spells added, and try to copy them from there.
Scott C.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Compendium Curator
Nope, the compendium is outside the scope of the api.
Thanks, guess it's option B.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
You can look into the option provided by the shaped script. It expands spells from their listed names, so long as they are in the SRD. Of course, The writers took the time to transcribe the SRD into the script. This would not be true Compendium access, of course, and could only make use of publicly available information.