Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Invitation link not working

I'm using Roll20 on a Mac via Firefox. I have created a user and logged in, but when I click on a Roll20 invitation hyperlink sent to me by a friend it just takes me to a page that says "Not Authorized". I've tried on Safari with the same results. I was logged into roll20 on both occasions. What do I need to do to get it to work?
1543461590
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Ask your friend to send you the link from the table that has the word 'join' in the URL.  This link is shown to the GM every time they load up the table.  That should work for you.
Hi, thanks, I've just checked and the link does have join in it. I think I'll try turning it off and on again, again...
1543480621
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
Join links will change if the GM boots anyone from the game, this is why it is best to get fresh links from the table.  If you get a fresh link and it still doesn't work, we'll start working on troubleshooting the situation.
1543498908
Pat S.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Did you try an LFG listing (but disabled so it is not showing) and give him the link to it? This would allow him to post to the game's lfg forum and you could click the blue button to invite him which will send him an acceptance notification.
A fresh link did the trick thanks. We are both new to this and I don't think either of us realised these links were individual per player and somewhat 'fragile'. Thanks again
1543577226
Gen Kitty
Forum Champion
I'm glad everything worked out for you.  I'm going to close this thread, but please don't hesitate to start a new thread if you've any questions or concerns :)