Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Macro Help Attack doesnt roll on miss, adding sharpshooter, and crits

First time using roll20 and have some familiar with programming. Could someone help me with a macros. I just need a quick reference on how to make attack rolls then add yes, no for IE sharpshooter. I was also trying to get it to not roll damage if i miss target as, and roll crit damage on a roll 20 to hit before mods. Maybe i am trying to do to much at once. But getting lost and frustrated at night is all.  Thanks everyone for the time or effort
1543571061
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hi Brandon, if there is one thing this community does well it's support one-another! To help us, help you, which sheet/system are you using? Do you have any work in progress that you could show us so we can offer pointers?
I am playing 5E D&D with character sheet Shaped 5E v19.1.3.  I am a player in a game I found. I tried to get some ideas reading the help offered on here but all I could get out of it was how to roll a dice with set numbers. I scraped what I had yesterday. But i will try again today and post some of it to see later. Just got to work so maybe later this evening I can post some of the work
ok so the character sheet has a built in crit that I didnt know. Is there a way to just have it ask me if sharpshooter and then add the mods to it if yes?
1543574243
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Bad news: Standard macros can not do conditional effects. You cannot have a macro use "if then" statements, without the Pro subscriber API perk. Some character sheets have a rolletmplate built in, which makes all rolls secretly, and shows the ones you need. So it can appear as if  it rolls damage only when you hit or extra damage on critical, for example. Shaped 5e might have that feature.