Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro for Open rolls in Anima Beyond Fantasy

Hello, I'm making some improvements to my Anima campaing and I need some help to figure out how to implement the open rolls: When you roll a 90 or more is an open roll, the next roll has to be 91 or more to be an open roll, the next hast to be a 92 and so on until 100, a roll of 100 is always an open roll. Also the first roll wich have 11, 22, 33, 44, 55, 66, 77 and 88 are open roll the first time they are rolled, then you fallow the rule of 91, 92, 93 etc... You guys have some idea how I can implement this?
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You dont say what an open roll means, or what dice you are rolling, so it's hard to be certain. I also dont know what you mean about the 11, 22, 33, etc. But it sounds like you won't be able to do this without a custom script, or accepting some manual input. In the standard dice macros, there's no way to have one roll affect the next. So having one roll on 91, the next on 92, the next on 93, etc., is just flat-out impossible to do in the macro system.  You are a Pro user so can use the API system, so if you describe exactly how the dice system works and what you need, we may be able to come up with a script.
I see. Thanks for the response I will ask there!
If you are quite good at math, and relatively patient, you could construct a rollable table with entries for all possible combinations. Alternatively you could construct a series of macros that will roll a dice, and have the 'critical success' highlights set up to make the roll highlight green for the 11, 22, 33, 44, and any other needed 'open rolls' and then have the macro also have a button you can press that will call a different macro that will run the highlight for only 91+, and that macro has a button for another macro that has the highlight set for 92+, and so on.  Then when you roll, and it comes up green highlighted for an open roll, you press the button for the follow up rolls, and it is calling macros that are adjusted for the reduced open range.
I'm trying something similar with Powercard, I'll try to ask for a scrip in the Api forum and maybe I can make it work.