Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Syntax Error when using a global damage modifier.

One of my players is getting this error anytime they roll crit damage. Is this something in my settings or is there a way that I can fix this without having to turn off the field anytime crit damage needs to be rolled? SyntaxError: Expected "(", ".", "[", "abs(", "ceil(", "d", "floor(", "round(", "t", "{", [ |\t], [+|\-] or [0-9] but end of input found.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Hi Turtle, Sorry this report was overlooked. Assuming your player is still having the problem, could you please let us know which sheet you are using in your game? Also, a copy of the command that was sent to chat might be helpful. You can get this by placing your cursor in the chat input field and pressing the up arrow directly after you get the error message. Also, are they getting this message regardless of which weapon, spell or attack they are critically hitting with?
We are using the 5e D&D sheet by Roll20.  %{-LMqo5ENVg2XM8g3_dk6|repeating_attack_-LSuAmHBTigr6N3iUVuZ_attack_crit} It only happens when a global modifier is setup for rage damage. If we turn that off then the error stops.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
OK, since it seems to be a specific problem with the 5e D&D sheet by Roll20., I'm going to copy your posts to the thread dedicated to issues with that sheet, where it will have higher visibility to the dev team and other users who might have or have solved similar problems. Since you can follow the progress there , I will close this thread.