Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New Campaign seeking players for 5th edition homebrew. Very experienced DM, players must be reliable and 21+

Edited 1543988540
Greetings , and Welcome to The village of Yonderdell, set in the country of Liasia on the planet Taraborn. I am inviting a limited amount of players to explore my new world. Players will start in the Village of Yonderdell, a peaceful, Isolated farming village known for their brewery. Are you one of the people who have lived here all of their lives, or a stranger traveling the road that happens to be there when events unfurl.    Campaign Information Time and Day : Saturdays at 5pst till 9+pst . Sometimes we end 30 minutes or an hour after 9. It all depends on what's going on. Players will start at Level One All core books are allowed.  The Lucky Feat is NOT allowed. There are homebrew rules!  1. The lucky feat is not allowed 2. Weapons. Village forged weapons are -1 to hit and damage, but are far cheaper. Metal armor is -1 ac. Castle forged (found in larger down and cities with weaponsmiths and armorsmiths)are normal in stats. Master Crafted are +1 non magical, and only found in the largest cities by the most talented craftspeople. 3. Coin. 20 copper hobs = 1 silver moon. 10 moons = one gold lion. 5 gold lions = one platinum dragon. Electrum is found in other countries, or in ancient Crypts and is worth five silver moons in cities, but is not found commonly in circulation. 4. Players start with one extra feat from a list I provide to choose from. 5. If you die there are severe consequences. Revivify counts as CPR in my eyes, and has no negatives. Longer than that, and players will receive a permanent -1 penalty to their constitution from the shock and stress to the body. 6. Drinking a potion is a bonus action. Feeding a potion to someone is a full action. 7. FOr level up hit points, players roll the dice. If below the average, players may take the average.  8.Surprise rounds are a thing. 9.Spears do 1d8 damage one handed, 1d10 two handed. Sling stones do 1d4 damage, bullets do 1d6. 10. Players start with 10 items they pick from a list I provide, plus a small amount of coin. Player Requirements 21+ or older please. There will be adult content and situations within this game. Consider this a hard R rating. Must be able to attend at least 90% of the sessions. If two players are missing, the game will be cancelled. This is something that I wish to avoid. I have and will replace players who miss too much. Players must be mature. If I say something happens, and you disagree, shoot me a tell after the game to discuss it. In the middle of a session where I am balancing 300 things is not the proper time to have a debate. Players must be able to play well with others. If there is conflict between players, It disrupts the game. Be ready to play. In this I mean know your character, learn the spells you can cast and know what they can do. When it's your turn in combat, you should already have been deciding what you are going to do while the other players had their turn. Waiting five minutes while you hem and haw ruins the immersion. Leave your bad mood behind! We are all here to have fun. RL stuff is always a drag, but thats why we play dnd! Players must have discord and a working computer Applicants 1. Can you make 80%+ of all of the meetings?  2. This campaign is rated R, with adult situations. Can you handle that? 3. What class/race do you wish to play?  4. How old are you  5. Have you played dungeons and dragons before. 6. Have you played this edition? 7. Do you know how to use roll20  8 Do you have discord, and a working microphone that you can use to hear and speak through?  *EDIT* Greetings. I have had an overwhelming number of applications already, and I appreciate the response. To answer some of the questions... The game will start THIS Saturday, December 8th. We will play on the 22nd and 29th as well, if the game doesn't match with your Holiday plans, sorry!  As stated above, Stats will be decided by point buy Combat/roleplay/exploration percentages are decided primarily by players choices. This is an open world game, you decide how you want to play. That said, there will be combat. Generally speaking I find my games can have no combat, or the entire session can be combat, or exploring, or RP.  I do however enjoy combat. We are doing experience points, not milestone. I do however award experience for good role play, solving a riddle/puzzle, finishing an arc, etc. Don't however expect to be level 10 in a month. My last campaign players were level 9 after nine months of playing every week.
1. Can you make 80%+ of all of the meetings? Yes.  2. This campaign is rated R, with adult situations. Can you handle that? Yes, very much so. 3. What class/race do you wish to play?  Wood Elf, Ranger. I'd prefer to use the revised edition of Rangers if possible, as the core base version isn't very well optimized.  4. How old are you? I'm 24. 5. Have you played dungeons and dragons before? Yes, many times. 6. Have you played this edition? Quite a few times, I consider myself fairly well off with the system.  7. Do you know how to use roll20? I do indeed know how to use roll20.  8 Do you have discord, and a working microphone that you can use to hear and speak through?  I do indeed.

Edited 1543985333
Very interested. Do you do a lot of roleplay in your games? If so do you do voices etc? 1. Can you make 80%+ of all of the meetings?  Yes 2. This campaign is rated R, with adult situations. Can you handle that? Yes 3. What class/race do you wish to play?  Open to working with the group to get a good composition. 4. How old are you: 24 5. Have you played dungeons and dragons before. Yes 6. Have you played this edition? Yes 7. Do you know how to use roll20: Yes 8 Do you have discord, and a working microphone that you can use to hear and speak through? Yes
1. Can you make 80%+ of all of the meetings?  Absolutely. 2. This campaign is rated R, with adult situations. Can you handle that? Yes. 3. What class/race do you wish to play? Dragonborn Warlock or Bard. 4. How old are you 33 5. Have you played dungeons and dragons before. Yes. Many years. 6. Have you played this edition? Yep. 7. Do you know how to use roll20  Quite well. 8 Do you have discord, and a working microphone that you can use to hear and speak through?  I do.  I am curious to see how this place out, hope I can join.

Edited 1544010606
Kobold said: Very interested. Do you do a lot of roleplay in your games? If so do you do voices etc? I do. I am not Matt Mercer, but I do voices for NPCs. I do roleplay quite a bit, and I enjoy doing it. It's up to players how much they want to roleplay, do a voice, etc. Some people aren't comfortable with it, and I understand.
I do voices for my characters all the time. Ita fun and helps to make ooc and ic talk distinguishable but doing so as a dm for every npc can get muddled easily. Still fun.
1. Can you make 80%+ of all of the meetings? Definitely right now due to being between jobs  2. This campaign is rated R, with adult situations. Can you handle that? Yup should see my library sometime 3. What class/race do you wish to play? Dragonborn warlock?  4. How old are you 26 be 27 in May 5. Have you played dungeons and dragons before. Yes in the 3.5 days and I have 10 years experience in pathfinder 6. Have you played this edition? couple games in the past year 7. Do you know how to use roll20  I believe so, I am new to this but have read most of the wiki so far 8 Do you have discord, and a working microphone that you can use to hear and speak through? Yep all ready to go
1. Can you make 80%+ of all of the meetings?  I can. 2. This campaign is rated R, with adult situations. Can you handle that? Yes. 3. What class/race do you wish to play? I have a few that range from silly/tropes to more serious. Goliath Barbarian, Human Barbarian, fighter, wizard. Humans are fun. 4. How old are you. 23. 5. Have you played dungeons and dragons before. Since I was 18, I'm a forever DM for my RL games. 6. Have you played this edition? Yes. 7. Do you know how to use roll20. It's been a while but yes. 8 Do you have discord, and a working microphone that you can use to hear and speak through? Yes.
1. Can you make 80%+ of all of the meetings?  Yes 2. This campaign is rated R, with adult situations. Can you handle that? Yes 3. What class/race do you wish to play? Race open options based on setting. Class druid, sorc, monk, cleric 4. How old are you 32 5. Have you played dungeons and dragons before. Yes about 4 years 6. Have you played this edition? Yes 7. Do you know how to use roll20 yes 8 Do you have discord, and a working microphone that you can use to hear and speak through? Yes
1. Can you make 80%+ of all of the meetings? I can make 99% of all meetings.  I only say 99% to account for life. 2. This campaign is rated R, with adult situations. Can you handle that? Yes. 3. What class/race do you wish to play? I would love to play a DragonBorn Warlock.  But If you need a certain role filled am open to settling. 4. How old are you? I am 33 about to turn 34 in January. 5. Have you played dungeons and dragons before? I have played D&D for about 4 total years.  Mostly AD&D and about a month or two in 5e.  My father plays a lot and I can ask him to help me before first game but I seemed to understand most of it. 6. Have you played this edition?  Yes. 7. Do you know how to use roll20?  I do not but can spend some time in the tutorial and as I said My father has about 1100 hours on roll20 I can learn before our first game. 8 Do you have discord, and a working microphone that you can use to hear and speak through? Yes I have Discord and great headphones. I love D&D and really enjoy a good homebrew game and world.