Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Maneuver Macro

I have been building macros for a while now, but I'm looking to clean up my token actions. I have been successful with ability checks, skill checks, and saves. That said, I'm having a time trying to get my special maneuvers to play nice together. I apologize for the incoming wall of text, but this has been bugging me for some time now. This is what I have so far. &{template:DnD35StdRoll}{{name=@{selected|character_name}}} {{pcflag=true}} ?{Which maneuver? |Bull Rush ,{{subtags=tries to bull rush@{target|token_name}}} {{check=Bull Rush:}} {{checkroll= [[1d20+@{selected|str-mod}[Ability]+?{Improved Bull Rush?(1=yes)|0}*4[Imp. BullRush]+?{Charging?(1=yes)|0}*2[Charge]]]}} {{notes=To beat Bull Rush [[1d20+@{target|str-mod}[Ability]+?{Is opponent a dwarf or have more than two legs?(1=yes)|0}*4[Stability]]]}} |Disarm ,{{subtags=tries to disarm @{target|token_name}}} {{check=Disarm:}} {{checkroll= [[1d20+@{selected|bab}[BAB]+@{selected|str-mod}[Ability]+@{selected|size}[Size]-?{Light Weapon?(1=yes)|0}*4[Light Weapon]+?{Two-handed Weapon?(1=yes)|0}*4[Two-handedWeapon]+?{Improved Disarm?(1=yes)|0}*4[Imp. Disarm]]]}} {{notes=To beat Disarm [[1d20+@{target|bab}[BAB]+@{selected|str-mod}[Ability]+@{selected|size}[Size]-?{Opponent Light Weapon?(1=yes)|0}*4[Light Weapon]+?{Opponent Two-handed Weapon?(1=yes)|0}*4[Two-handed Weapon]]]}} |Feint ,{{subtags=tries to feint @{target|token_name}}} {{check=Bluff:}} {{checkroll= [[1d20+@{selected|bluff}[Bluff]-?{Nonhumanoid?(1=yes)|0}*4[Type]]]}} {{notes=To beat Sense Motive:[[1d20+@{target|sensemotive}[Sense Motive]]]}} |Grapple ,{{subtags=grapples with @{target|token_name}}} {{check=Grapple:}} {{checkroll= [[1d20+@{selected|bab}[BAB]+@{selected|strmod}[StrMod]+@{selected|size}[Size]+@{selected|grapplemiscmod}[Misc Mod]+@{selected|npcgrapple}[NPCGrappleMod]]]}} {{notes=To beat Grapple [[1d20+@{target|bab}[BAB]+@{target|strmod}[StrMod]+@{target|Size}[Size]+@{target|grapplemiscmod}[Misc Mod]+@{target|npcgrapple}[NPCGrappleMod]]]}} |Sunder ,{{subtags=tries to sunder@{target|token_name}'s weapon}} {{check=Sunder:}} {{checkroll= [[1d20+@{selected|bab}[BAB]+@{selected|str-mod}[Ability]+@{selected|size}[Size]-?{Light Weapon?(1=yes)|0}*4[Light Weapon]+?{Two-handed Weapon?(1=yes)|0}*4[Two-handed Weapon]+?{Improved Sunder?(1=yes)|0}*4[Imp. Sunder]]]}} {{notes=To beat Sunder [[1d20+@{target|bab}[BAB]+@{selected|str-mod}[Ability]+@{selected|size}[Size]-?{Opponent Light Weapon?(1=yes)|0}*4[Light Weapon]+?{Opponent Two-handed Weapon?(1=yes)|0}*4[Two-handed Weapon]]]}} |Trip,{{subtags=tries to trip@{target|token_name}}} {{check=Touch Attack:}} {{checkroll=[[1d20+@{selected|bab}[BAB]+@{selected|str-mod}[StrMod]+@{selected|specialattacksizemod}[SizeMod]+@{selected|npcstr-mod}[NPCGrappleMod]]]}} {{notes=Strength check[[1d20+@{selected|str-mod}+?{Improved Trip?(1=yes)|0}*4]]}} {{notes=To beat Strength check[[1d20+@{target|str-mod}}} } I'm hoping some errant macro master may be able to help with my problem. Thanks in advance :D
Here is what I would do - I would create separate macros for each maneuver, making it much easier to debug a specific move, and  then create a 'chat menu' macro to let you pick which to use - possibly even a nested layer of chat menus to further break things down into categories, for better readability.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Here is the link for  Chat Menus . :)

Edited 1544283360
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
At a glance, and for general reference, your issue is the nested queries, you are escaping offending characters for the template bits but your: ?{Improved Bull Rush?(1=yes)|0} ?{Is opponent a dwarf or have more than two legs?(1=yes)|0} etc should be: ?{Improved Bull Rush?(1=yes)|0} ?{Is opponent a dwarf or have more than two legs?(1=yes)|0} or for more readability when running the macro (ie save you having to remember/read what '1' means or have the *4 etc in there): ?{Improved Bull Rush?|No,0|Yes,4} ?{Is opponent a dwarf or have more than two legs?|No,0|Yes,4} As a long term 3.5e GM who has made ALL the macros there are to make... and then some more just for 'fun', I would highly suggest going the Chat menu route to save yourself a world of hurt lol. It was too late a revelation to save me, but you can still be saved!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ziechael said:  It was too late a revelation to save me, but you can still be saved! Lol, i sympathise with that.
Thank you all for your suggestions. I'm going to have to play around with the coding one way or another. Guess it's all about how much pain I'm willing to inflict upon myself :P
For those who are interested, the following is the working macro. Didn't take too long to figure out what I was doing wrong and fix the remaining macro. &{template:DnD35StdRoll}{{name=@{selected|character_name} }} {{pcflag=true}} ?{Which maneuver? |Bull Rush ,{{subtags=tries to bullrush @{target|token_name} }} {{Bull Rush: [[ 1d20 + @{selected|str-mod} [Ability] + ?{Improved Bull Rush? (1=yes)|0}*4 [Imp. Bull Rush] + ?{Charging? (1=yes)|0}*2 [Charge] ]] }} {{notes=To beat Bull Rush: [[ 1d20 + @{target|str-mod} [Ability] + ?{Is opponent a dwarf or have more than two legs? (1=yes)|0}*4 [Stability] ]] }} |Disarm ,{{subtags=tries to disarm @{target|token_name} }} {{Disarm: [[ 1d20 + @{selected|bab} [BAB] + @{selected|str-mod} [Ability] + @{selected|size} [Size] - ?{Light Weapon? (1=yes)|0}*4 [Light Weapon] + ?{Two-handed Weapon? (1=yes)|0}*4 [Two-handed Weapon] + ?{Improved Disarm? (1=yes)|0}*4 [Imp. Disarm] ]] }} {{notes=To beat Disarm [[ 1d20 + @{target|bab} [BAB] + @{selected|str-mod} [Ability] + @{selected|size} [Size] - ?{Opponent Light Weapon? (1=yes)|0}*4 [Light Weapon] + ?{Opponent Two-handed Weapon? (1=yes)|0}*4 [Two-handed Weapon] ]] }} |Feint ,{{subtags=tries to feint @{target|token_name} }} {{Bluff Check: [[ 1d20 + @{selected|bluff} [Bluff] - ?{Nonhumanoid? (1=yes)|0}*4 [Type] ]] }} {{notes=To beat Sense Motive: [[ 1d20 + @{target|sensemotive} [Sense Motive] ]] }} |Grapple ,{{subtags=grapples with @{target|token_name} }} {{Grapple check: [[ 1d20 + @{selected|bab} [BAB] + @{selected|strmod} [Str Mod] + @{selected|size} [Size] + @{selected|grapplemiscmod} [Misc Mod] + @{selected|npcgrapple} [NPC Grapple Mod] ]] }} {{notes=To beat Grapple check [[ 1d20 + @{target|bab} [BAB] + @{target|strmod} [Str Mod] + @{target|Size} [Size] + @{target|grapplemiscmod} [Misc Mod] + @{target|npcgrapple} [NPC Grapple Mod] ]] }} |Sunder ,{{subtags=tries to Sunder @{target|token_name}'s weapon }} {{Sunder: [[ 1d20 + @{selected|bab} [BAB] + @{selected|str-mod} [Ability] + @{selected|size} [Size] - ?{Light Weapon? (1=yes)|0}*4 [Light Weapon] + ?{Two-handed Weapon? (1=yes)|0}*4 [Two-handed Weapon] + ?{Improved Sunder? (1=yes)|0}*4 [Imp. Sunder] ]] }} {{notes=To beat Sunder [[ 1d20 + @{target|bab} [BAB] + @{selected|str-mod} [Ability] + @{selected|size} [Size] - ?{Opponent Light Weapon? (1=yes)|0}*4 [Light Weapon] + ?{Opponent Two-handed Weapon? (1=yes)|0}*4 [Two-handed Weapon] ]] }} |Trip ,{{subtags=tries to trip @{target|token_name} }} {{Touch attack [[ 1d20 + @{selected|bab} [BAB] + @{selected|str-mod} [Str Mod] + @{selected|size} [Size Mod] + @{selected|npcstr-mod} [NPC Grapple Mod] ]] }} {{Strength check: [[ 1d20 + @{selected|str-mod} [Ability] + ?{Improved Trip? (1=yes)|0}*4 ]] }} {{notes=To beat Strength check [[ 1d20 + @{target|str-mod} [Ability] ]] }} }